THA Group’s Island Hospice has immediate openings for full time RNs to care for hospice patients in Georgia and South Carolina.
Serves as a professional member of the hospice interdisciplinary team to coordinate skilled nursing are to hospice patients. Responsible for assessing patient and family needs and providing quality patient care in order to promote positive outcomes that are consistent with the established plan of care.
- Performs admission visits, post-hospital evaluations, death visits, discharges and other visits as assigned.
- Completes required documentation in a timely manner and uses the nursing process to monitor patient status.
- Provides skilled nursing care and instruction to patients and/or caregivers as directed by the plan of care.
- Submits nursing notes, visit logs, and physician orders in a timely manner; Initiates verbal reports on patients as needed in order to promote effective communication and ensure continuity of care.
- Assesses patients’ physical and emotional status; reports changes in patients’ status to the physician and care manager in a timely manner; initiates additional physician orders as needed.
- Educates patients, families, and caregivers on end of life processes and disease progression.
- Ensures that all patients and /or their caregivers understand their rights and responsibilities.
- Collaborates with other members of the clinical team to implement, update, and evaluate the plan of care for assigned patients from admission through discharge.
- Registered Nurse with current state licensure; B.S.N. preferred
- One to two years experience in nursing; specific experience in hospice strongly preferred
- CPR certified
- Effective communication skills
- Reliable transportation with proof of insurance, current driver’s license and good driving record
Qualified candidates should submit a resume to Talent Management, 3 W. Perry Street, Savannah, GA 31401 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Contact Rachael Kapucinski at 912-721-5138 for additional information.