THA Group’s Island Hospice has an immediate opening for a weekend on-call Registered Nurse. This position plays an important role in ensuring continuity of care for our hospice patients and their families. Our weekend on-call nurses serve as professional members of the hospice interdisciplinary team to coordinate skilled nursing care to hospice patients after normal business hours.
This position is based in South Carolina, with primary duties involving weekend care for patients in our South Carolina service area. The South Carolina weekend on-call nurse also works in tandem with his/her Georgia counterpart to provide backup coverage across state lines when necessary. On-call hours run from 5:00 pm Friday until 8:30 am Monday.
Primary job duties are as follows:
- Responds to after-hours calls from hospice patients and their families; triages calls and makes after-hours visit when warranted.
- Performs admission visits, post-hospital evaluations, death visits, discharges and other visits as assigned. Completes required documentation in a timely manner and uses the nursing process to monitor patient status.
- Educates prospective hospice patients and families about the hospice benefit
- Submits nursing notes, visit logs, and physician orders in a timely manner. Initiates verbal reports on patients as needed in order to promote effective communication and ensure continuity of care.
- Provides skilled nursing care and instruction to patients and/or caregivers as directed by the plan of care.
- Submits nursing notes, visit logs, and physician orders in a timely manner. Initiates verbal reports on patients as needed to promote effective communication and ensure continuity of care.
- Provides services and/or treatments requiring substantial and specialized nursing skills.
- Counsels the client and family in meeting nursing and related needs.
- Coordinates services with other disciplines as required.
- Refers to other services or disciplines as needed.
- Informs the physician and other staff of changes in the client’s needs.
- Participates in in-service programs.
In order to be considered for this position, you must meet the following requirements:
- Registered Nurse with current South Carolina state licensure; dual licensure in Georgia is preferred and must be obtained within 90 days of hire
- One to two years’ experience in nursing; specific experience in acute care, home care or hospice preferred
- CPR certified
- Reliable transportation with proof of insurance, current driver’s license and good driving record
- Effective communication skills
- Thorough understanding of patient-centered care
Qualified candidates should submit a resume to Talent Management, 3 W. Perry Street, Savannah, GA 31401 or firstname.lastname@example.org.