Patients with advanced disease states encounter difficult decisions regarding their treatment and course of care, including end-of-life care. Island Hospice is a community outreach source to provide your patients with specific information, tools and support to make informed decisions. We want to do everything we can to make referring a patient as efficient as possible. To that end, our central intake center is open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. View our service areas.
Feel free to contact us at 888.842.4663 with questions or concerns regarding your patients and their specific care.
Hospice Care Can Help
Choosing hospice allows the patient and family to remain together in the comfort and security of their own home, or wherever they may reside, including nursing home, long-term care facility or even hospital.
Patients are eligible for hospice care when the physician determines that the patient has a life expectancy of six months or less.
Hospice care is a covered benefit under Medicare Part A and Medicaid for patients with a prognosis of six months or less. The benefit covers all services, medications and equipment related to the illness. Most major private insurers and HMOs also offer hospice coverage and benefits.
The Island Hospice team consists of:
– Certified nurse aides
– Medical social workers
– Spiritual care coordinators
– Physical therapists
– Speech-language pathologists
– Volunteers from the community
– Hospice medical directors
– Geriatric care managers
Island Hospice services may include but are not limited to:
– Physician care
– On-site nursing
– Medications for pain control and symptom management
– Physical, occupational and speech-language pathology therapies
– Medical equipment and supplies
– Caregiver support and training
– Dietitian counseling
– Short-term respite care
– Assistance with personal hygiene and light housekeeping
– Counseling and support groups for the patient and family
– Spiritual consultation
Benefits of Referring to Island Hospice
- Weekend and evening admissions
- One-stop resource for health care services delivered in the home
- Seamless integration of care between services should the client’s needs change
- Empowered, technology-driven care provided in the comfort of the client’s home
- Caring, experienced and knowledgeable staff who are trained, licensed, bonded and insured
- Partnering with skilled professionals to provide the best care and future planning for your clients
- Confidence in working with a locally owned home care company that is a respected industry leader – locally and nationally