Make a difference in the lives of our hospice patients and their families by generously giving of your time and talents. Come and discover the amazing rewards of working with our hospice team, whether it be with patients or behind the scenes. Volunteer opportunities are as diverse and individual as you are!
Choose From Opportunities Such As:
- Patient and caregiver visitation and respite care – Provide companionship and support to patients and families in their homes. Volunteers may also visit a patient exclusively, giving family members a respite from providing care, thereby permitting them some much-needed free time. Volunteers may also perform some tasks such as yard work or light housework.
- Pet Therapy – Owners of certified “therapy dogs” visit with patients in their homes or facilities to provide companionship.
- Music and art therapy – In conjunction with our licensed therapists, volunteers work with patients and families to provide outlets for alternative visual and musical expressions of their thoughts, feelings and emotions.
- Special projects – May include making special treats or items for the patients and families at the holidays, for patients’ birthdays, or other special occasions. A special project may also constitute fulfilling a “special wish” for a patient and his/her family.
- Community outreach – Participation in education and social events to increase awareness of the services offered by Island Hospice and to recruit new volunteers.
- Fundraising – Assistance with planning and presenting a variety of fundraising activities in the communities we serve.
- Office and phone support and computer work – Assistance with mailings, clerical duties and coordination of volunteer services, community events, and bereavement seminars.
- Skill and talent contributions – We appreciate volunteers who are interested in sharing their skills/talents such as cooking/baking, music, crafts, landscaping, building wheelchair ramps, sewing, hairdressing, etc.
- Donate items on our Wish List
As a new volunteer, you will receive special training to fully prepare you for your volunteer work. Our staff will coordinate and support your volunteer activities. If you are interested in volunteering, please complete and return our volunteer application. A member of our hospice team will contact you to discuss your interests and the available volunteer opportunities. We offer hospice services in both South Carolina and Georgia with offices in many locations.
For more information, contact Mark Douglas at 1-888-842-4663 or firstname.lastname@example.org.